Each Red Numbers Golf® client will have a unique program designed to meet their needs and to optimize their potential as prospective collegiate student-athletes. Clients will receive special case-by-case consideration in working with Coach Brooks throughout this process.
As a part of their commitment toward athletic improvement and personal growth, participants in the Red Numbers Golf® program must observe high standards of conduct. This means No Drugs and No Alcohol. Our clients should conduct themselves as ladies and gentlemen both on and off the golf course. Repeated violations of expected standards may result in dismissal from the program and in forfeiture of fees paid.
"If you want to know what it takes to play college golf and how to get there, John Brooks is your source for the straight story. Our experience with John exceeded our expectations and made a big difference in our son’s development as a player and a person."
Dan & Carol Dressel, Malvern, Pennsylvania
Read other testimonials >>
I. College Placement Process and Recruiting Information
- Assist in the comparison of colleges and golf programs to help clients determine their potential "best fit" campuses.
- Draft introductory letters clients can send to coaches on their target list of schools.
- Offer golf and academic resume template - review and edit as necessary.
- Provide instructions on how to produce a golf swing/short game video for coaches.
- Explain the NCAA recruiting process in detail including timelines and applicable rules.
- Prepare recruits and parents for campus visits and meetings with coaches.
- Educate families on the NCAA initial-eligibility requirements and amateurism certification process.
- Prepare junior golfers for the college experience and necessary commitment level.
- Compare and contrast NCAA DI, DII and DIII - prerequisites, time commitments, scholarship opportunities, etc.
II. Tournament Competition
- Plan seasonal tournament schedules.
- Explain AJGA Performance Based Entry Process.
- Make travel recommendations for tournaments.
- Provide detailed information on each ranking system (AJGA, Golfweek, Junior Golf Scoreboard).
III. Game Enhancement Actions
- Client services do not include any form of golf swing or short game instruction.
- Play golf with each client to assess their current golf game and future potential.
- Make recommendations on course management skills.
- Discuss how to practice effectively.
- Offer suggestions to assist with the selection of a swing or short game instructor.
- Recommend qualified experts related to fitness training and sport psychology.
- Encourage clients to work with certified club fitters.
- Emphasize the need to monitor progress through statistical analysis.
IV. Life Skills
- Work to establish realistic goals and objectives for junior golf and college.
- Teach time management skills.
- Emphasize the need for balance in life.
- Help create a positive self-image and attitude.
V. NCAA Compliance
- All Client Services are designed to be fully compliant with NCAA Bylaws.
- Red Numbers Golf® does not market a prospective student-athlete's athletic ability or reputation, negotiate or promise scholarships,or serve as an agent in any way.
- Red Numbers Golf® may distribute high school academic and athletics records to collegiate coaches without jeopardizing a prospective student-athlete's eligibility.
- Fees paid to Red Numbers Golf® are not based on placing the prospective student-athlete in a collegiate institution as a recipient of institutional financial aid.
- All fees are due in advance of services.